1. How does the operation of the system take place? What must be taken into account?
2. Can CAD files be generated as well?
- The system is guided evenly around the target, similar to a panorama photo. The display shows marks indicating which scan positions have already been detected or not yet detected. For the bottom side, the system has to be guided around the object to be measured again in order to be able to merge the 3D information from both images cleanly. A highly accurate 3D model is then calculated on the server and sent to your Scoobe3D in STL and OBJ format and via email to your PC. Internet access via WLAN is required. Without an Internet connection, temporary storage is also possible until the next Internet connection.
- Yes and no. Scoobe3D creates OBJ and STL files. These can be derived from STL to STEP with "Solidworks" among other software programs. This is possible in Solidworks by default (sometimes an importer module needs to be installed, which can be downloaded for free from the homepage of Solidworks).
The STEP format can then be used in any CAD software. This allows you to customize the assembly as you wish: simple operations such as scaling the size in X, Y, and/or Z direction are possible.
- Changes that require a clean mathematical description of the model in detail are not possible, such as changing the radius of a cylindrical element of the 3D model. A reverse engineering tool is necessary here for professional machining.
3. How accurate is the resolution depending on capturing distance?
4. Can I see a test scan or get a scanned STL file?
5. For which surface conditions does the 3D scan work?
6. Can I see the latest system in action?
7. Can people be scanned as well?
- The Scoobe3D Basic, as well as the Scoobe3D, deliver great results when scanning people. However, our recommendation for the best results in terms of accuracy is the Scoobe3D which includes an additional Time-of-Flight camera. This version allows you to scan people that are up to 3 meters tall with an accuracy of 0.1 mm!
- For additional acquisition speed, it is possible to scan a person with multiple Scoobe3Ds to capture everything in a matter of seconds. You will also have access to an open API so you can program your own applications to connect all the devices needed. The devices are equipped with Bluetooth and can be triggered via Bluetooth.
- It's hard to say how many devices you will need at the end. It really depends on which part is most important to you: the distance between the Scoobe3D and the person, the number of devices or the accuracy. For our scans, we currently usually use around 30-40 positions depending on the object.
8. When can I buy the Scoobe3D?
9. What is your return policy if the 3D scanner does not meet my expectations?
10. I have doubts about uploading my data to the Scoobe3D server. Will my scanning data be stored?
11. Why can’t I set up a server with your software at home?
12. Do you have an open API?
13. Is there a limitation in part size?
14. When will I receive my Scoobe3D?
15. Why is Polarization 3D Scanning highly accurate (and delivers closed 3D models)?
16. Do I need an Aruco board for using my Scoobe3D?